Using our in house tools and giveaway host website Gleam.io we created a contest for the Corsair HS60 Headset. The giveaway listing included the description from the Corsair store and a clear way to enter the giveaway. To gain entry tickets users had to follow our Corsair and BlueandQueenie social media pages. For every page they followed they gained 5 entry tickets.
After 2 years of using Gleam.io we’ve found that having a familiar domain address attached to the giveaway can reassure users to join. To improve conversion rates we securely embed the Gleam.io giveaway listing into our own SSL website blueandqueenie.com/giveaway. We’ve found 17% of entries come directly from our website at the start of the month and the other 83% to drop in throughout the rest of the month.
To help advertise the giveaway we create a giveaway banner, Twitch panel and Instagram story artwork using the product render and theme from Corsair’s own website. With the pictures on the Corsair website we were able to show the HS60 and point the viewers directly to the giveaway throughout the month.
We had a total of 1174 users enter with Alisdair Macleod from Livingstone, UK winning the HS60. He has been in our community for 3 years, avid first person gamer and has agreed to tweet photos of the HS60 when it arrives.